Tuesday 5 November 2013

Guy Fawkes Night


Guy Fawkes Night

I'm not a big fan of fireworks - I don't particularly like going to muddy fields to watch them and get cold because I always get worried that something will go wrong and we'll all die (over exaggeration?)

They're really loud and the pretty colours only stay in the sky a few seconds, and NEVER have I seen the kind of fireworks that make words in the sky for real, so I've started to think that might just be a movie thing, which is irritating.

When I was younger my oldest brother brought his girlfriend and her two children over and did some fireworks in the back garden for them, me and my other sister. I don't really remember much about it, I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it, but I also remember that one of the rockets wasn't in it's place properly before it went off and I think my brother almost hurt himself trying to et it straight before it went off. I don't know whether it was okay or not, I think I was about seven or eight maybe... no idea.


In 2009 my big sister took me and her friend plus their boyfriend to a firework night.
I liked being there - my sister let me wear her really nice bench coat that was really warm, but as you can see in the picture, I didn't have any fashion sense back then, and I was a lot fatter and my hair was awful and I could continue that list but no.

Honestly I don't remember much about that night - I know there were fireworks, pretty sure my sister bought me some chips or a burger or something from the van, there was a packet of maltesers because I found another picture and I was holding some, and there was a bonfire with the guy on it. Which I remember thinking was the first time I'd actually seen that part of bonfire night.

Other than this time actually, I don't remember going out to a firework night - I think it was always a 'look out of the bedroom window' jobbie mostly. As you can see I have a sparkler, and I know I had a nice night because I always liked it when my sister spent time with me(still do - she's pretty fun) but I think I was worried about burning my fingers on the sparkler (I swear I'm retarded.)



As I write this post there's bloody fireworks going off and all I'm thinking is "Shut up I am trying to write"
So I don't think the fifth of November holds much importance to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment